Corporate Relations Manager
Full Time, Des Moines
As part of the Philanthropy team, the Corporate Relations Manager plays a key role in identifying, cultivating, and securing new corporate sponsors and partners to raise funds and enhance GSGI’s mission through corporate philanthropy and stewardship. They have strong relationship-building skills, an affinity for networking and a philanthropy mindset with a high emphasis on donor stewardship.
A day in the life…
- Partner with Chief Development Officer and Director of Philanthropy to create a strategy designed to cultivate and steward corporate donors.
- Build a robust pipeline of potential corporate donors to increase philanthropic support year over year.
- Support the Philanthropy and Marketing teams in the execution of successful fundraising events including but not limited to Inspiring Women of Iowa, Taste of Adventure and Cookies on Tap.
- Attend Chamber and networking events frequently to represent GSGI and make connections.
- Create innovative partnership opportunities with local and national corporations.
- Promote GSGI to donors with effective networking skills and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization.
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts, and expenditures.
- Contribute to the donor relations plan by completing assigned donor stewardship tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
The fine print…
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years fundraising or related experience preferred.
- Must be creative with excellent people, writing and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and proven problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of fundraising software and technologies, including social media platforms.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, overnight travel and night and weekend hours.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products.
- Some remote work possible for the right candidate after a 90-day review period.