Girl Scout Travel
Every girl deserves a chance to see the world! Girl Scouts offers many different travel opportunities so girls can see new places, meet new people, and learn about different cultures and ideas.
Whether they're exploring their own neighborhoods, going on overnight trips, participating in Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa (GSGI) trips, flying to one of the four world centers, or going on a Girl Scout Destination, Girl Scouts are continually expanding their horizons.
Troop or Group Travel
In addition to regularly-scheduled troop meetings, troops or groups of Girl Scouts often plan trips together. Some troops work together just for travel! Traveling can include anything from a local day-trip to an international adventure. Girls and adults work together to plan, budget, and arrange trip details according to the guidelines and requirements for travel.
- Planning a troop trip? Start with the Event/Activity/Trip Checklist to get all the details you’ll need!
- For even more options, check out Getaways from Girl Scouts of the USA. Getaways are short-term national travel opportunities designed just for Girl Scout troops. They are offered by GSUSA partners or councils and open to any registered troop.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa Trips
These travel options offer girls new adventures while connecting with other girls from across the council. GSGI trips guide girls through progressively bigger experiences for Junior Girl Scouts and up.
Stay tuned for future travel opportunities.
Hey Girl Scouts! Have the "travel bug?" Check out these travel camp opportunities! (Stay tuned for future travel camps.)
Girl Scout Destinations can whisk girls around the country and to the far corners of the world where they will meet other remarkable girls, develop leadership skills, gain confidence, and enjoy valuable learning opportunities to take action. Destinations are open to girls ages 11-18 and focus on specific interests, including animals, conservation, culture, outdoors, service, and STEM.
- Check out all Destinations options here.
- Girls, once you’ve found your dream trip, fill out the Destinations application.
- Applications must be submitted to GSGI at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail by November 1 (Round 1) or January 31 (Round 2). Submit by Round 1 for the best chance of saving a spot on the trip!
- GSGI will review the application and submit to the sponsoring council.
- Girls may use Cookie Dough and other program credits towards Destinations, except for the deposit portion of the cost.
Cookie Dough/Juliette Program Credits and Travel
Stay tuned for information on how girls can use their Cookie Dough, Munch Money, and/or Juliette Program Credits towards travel opportunities. Cookie Dough and other credits are not valid forms of payment for any trip deposits.