Girl Scout Volunteers learn and grow, too! We are committed to giving you the tools you need to succeed in your volunteer position! Whether you prefer online or in-person training, we have a variety of opportunities for you to grow in your leadership journey at your own pace!
Training opportunities include:
- NEW! Troop Leader Academy: Foundations – Designed for new leaders, this self-paced, online training will show you what it takes to be a Girl Scout troop leader - learn the Girl Scout Promise and Law, how girls earn badges and patches, how to hold troop meetings, participate in product programs and more.
- NEW! Troop Leader Academy: Elevate! – Designed for leaders with at least one year of experience leading a troop, this self-paced online training will help you become an expert at group dynamics and facilitating girl-led troop activities including Girl Scout ceremonies, special days, and money-earning projects.
- NEW! GSUSA Girl Scouts in the Outdoors - This training will introduce troop leaders to what they can do to begin sharing the outdoors with their troop.
- First Aid/CPR Training - GSGI recommends each troop secure a Troop First Aider, a registered adult volunteer trained in First Aid and CPR. In partnership with the American Red Cross, we offer a blended training option for volunteers that includes both online and in-person portions.
- Cookie and Fall Product Program Training – These seasonal trainings ensure you’re prepped and ready to go when the programs start each fall and winter.
There’s a patch for that! Earn a special patch by participating in the Trained to Lead program! You'll earn charms to add to your patch with each new training you complete.
Ready to dive in? Check out The Bridge for more details on how to participate in the training program, and access training and online support.
Don’t forget! Volunteer help and support is always a phone call or email away. Our customer care team is happy to answer your questions and assist you as you volunteer. Just call 800-342-8389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!