Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose. Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an outstanding organization with a mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character. We’re looking for people to join our team who are passionate about making a positive impact, people who are eager to take on new challenges, and people who have big ideas.
Competitive medical/dental and retirement benefits, wellness
initiatives, paid time off for volunteering, paid parental leave,
casual attire, employee appreciation events and a priority on
work/life balance are just some of the things that make GSGI a great
place to work.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a position at GSGI and meet the expressed qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
- Cookie Cupboard Manager (Part Time/Seasonal), Council Bluffs, Mason City, Sioux City, Ames
- Recruitment Manager (Full Time), Central/South Region
Locations: Council Bluffs, Mason City, Sioux City, and Ames
We are looking for part-time help to make our Cookie Program a breeze for our volunteers. Cookie Cupboard are “mini warehouses” where we store cookies for our volunteers to get to during the Cookie Program. Cupboard Managers help pull and fill orders, load cookies with volunteers, accept deliveries and maintain accurate inventory counts. Our first priority is customer service to our volunteers! We need quick learners with a passion for helping others to help us execute the largest girl led business in the world!
Starting February 9- March 21. 3-4 days a week for 5 weeks. Hours are typically 8 AM- 6 PM. Pay will be $10/ hr
- Dependable transportation
- Outstanding customer service & communication skills
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Background check required
We are looking for a driven self-starter who wants to find new adult and girl members for Girl Scouts! The Recruitment Manager is responsible for recruiting members for Girl Scouts, using some of our tried-and-true methods (back to school nights) and some new methods that you bring to the table. They will work with community organizations, schools, faith-based institutions and others to increase girl and adult participation in Girl Scouts. The territory includes Central and South-Central Iowa.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in recruiting volunteers or members;
- Outstanding interpersonal relations, customer service and communications skills
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of effective sales and marketing principles,
- Experience reaching out to new contacts in a community
- Extensive seasonal travel required; must have a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrates initiative and takes action
- Passion for the mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place