Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose. Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an outstanding organization with a mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character. We’re looking for people to join our team who are passionate about making a positive impact, people who are eager to take on new challenges, and people who have big ideas.
Competitive medical/dental and retirement benefits, wellness initiatives, paid time off for volunteering, paid parental leave, casual attire, employee appreciation events and a priority on work/life balance are just some of the things that make GSGI a great place to work.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a position at GSGI and meet the expressed qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Senior Retail Manager
Location: Des Moines
We’re looking for a process-minded, customer service superstar to manage our retail operations! GSGI has four council shop locations, as well as an online shop platform. The Senior Retail Manager will be based in our Des Moines shop, with regular travel to other locations. They will develop and execute plans for retail, implement process improvements, and manage functions including inventory management, promotions, retail technology, budget-monitoring and goal-setting. They’ll also work in the shop, including ringing up customer transactions, reconciling daily sales and receipts, keeping displays clean and stocked, and unloading new merchandise. The Senior Retail Manager ensures that girls and volunteers can access resources and products, with the goal of making sure that customers leave the shop happy and excited about Girl Scouts!
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Retail and/or customer service experience required
- Supervisory experience preferred (this position supervises 1 direct report)
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Strong business acumen with excellent problem solving skills and decision making skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and bend to help set up the store and/or assist customers
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Shop hours vary seasonally; including extended hours during the week (i.e. 6 p.m.) and one Saturday per month from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Individual staff schedule to be determined and subject to change
- Join the club! Each staff member is required to become a member of GSUSA
- Flexibility is key. We’ll need you to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record