Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose. Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
We are seeking professionals committed to making a difference. Working with Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
JOB STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Des Moines
PURPOSE OF JOB: Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa has an exciting
opportunity for an experienced Grants Manager for our robust grant
funding efforts. We are seeking an individual who provides effective
research, development and writing of grants and proposals to
corporations, United Ways and foundations. The Manager will be able to
persuasively communicate the mission of the organization, as well as
cultivate relationships with current and prospective funders while
collaborating regularly with department and program managers to
develop effective proposals and strategies. The Grants Manager ensures
that grant proposals move through the development process with a focus
on timeliness, quality, consistency, and rule compliance. In
collaboration with a cross-functional team, will develop, analyze,
conduct and communicate program evaluation and organization outcome
measurements; must be able to convey funder needs to the team and
build GSGI’s story from evaluation/outcome data.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 3 years’ experience or equivalency
- Prior nonprofit experience
- Experience with grantors and grant development processes
- Outstanding writing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal relation skills with ability to build granting connections
- Effectively collaborates with internal resources
- Analytical: able to perform data analysis and recognize connections between programs and funding opportunities
- Demonstrates initiative and takes action
- Passion for the mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place
LOCATION: Des Moines
PURPOSE OF JOB: Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa has an exciting opportunity for a Placement Manager. The Placement Manager is responsible for executing communications strategies and protocols necessary to convert prospective members (leads) to registered members. The Placement Manager works to successfully secure and increase girl and adult volunteer participation as well as the community partnerships needed to implement Girl Scouting for the council’s geographic area.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in recruiting volunteers or organization members preferred.
- Experience in sales.
- Has knowledge of the fundamentals of effective sales and marketing principles.
- Experience reaching out to community, educational, faith-based and / or business organizations and leaders.