Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose. Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an outstanding organization with a mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character. We’re looking for people to join our team who are passionate about making a positive impact, people who are eager to take on new challenges, and people who have big ideas.
Competitive medical/dental and retirement benefits, wellness
initiatives, paid time off for volunteering, paid parental leave,
casual attire, employee appreciation events and a priority on
work/life balance are just some of the things that make GSGI a great
place to work.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a position at GSGI and meet the expressed qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Location: Camp Tanglefoot near Clear Lake, IA
We're looking for a part-time Camp Maintenance Staff Person for Camp Tanglefoot near Clear Lake, IA. Camp Maintenance ensures safety of camp grounds, maintains camp facilities, and property in compliance to ACA site standards, applicable local, state, and federal codes in relation to building, fire, pool, OHSA and EPA.
- Belief in the mission of the Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
- Willingness to become a member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Volunteer Experience Manager
Location: Des Moines
You are responsible for managing volunteers delivering Girl Scout programming in an assigned geographic region, particularly through proactive communications and problem-solving with troop leaders and service unit managers, but also by developing and executing other innovative retention strategies and programs. Volunteers provide 99% of Girl Scout programming to girls across the council, and as a member of the Volunteer Experience team you have an essential role in ensuring delivery of the Girl Scout mission. As a Volunteer Experience Manager, you will be a subject matter expert on the Girl Scout troop model, and ways that leaders support troops throughout the year. You will be responsible for knowing Girl Scout guidelines and policies, and also making informed judgements to best support volunteers with their questions and issues. You are also responsible for providing information and resources to volunteers in alignment with department and council initiatives.
- Degree and/or equivalent experience is a must: Bachelor's degree Recreational Management, youth-related program development or other related field with 1 year of related experience, OR or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Previous experience working with Girl Scouts or other related organization preferred
- Experience working with volunteers and youth
- Problem-solving skills and ability to respond to concerns/issues via email, phone or in person
- Strong phone skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products
- Flexibility is key. We'll need you to work weekends and evenings
- Valid Driver's License