Imagine joining a group of individuals--each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose. Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an outstanding organization with a mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character. We’re looking for people to join our team who are passionate about making a positive impact, people who are eager to take on new challenges, and people who have big ideas.
Competitive medical/dental and retirement benefits, wellness
initiatives, paid time off for volunteering, paid parental leave,
casual attire, employee appreciation events and a priority on
work/life balance are just some of the things that make GSGI a great
place to work.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a position at GSGI and meet the expressed qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Note: some roles may have specific application instructions. These will be included in the job description below.
Volunteer Experience Manager
Locations: Mason City
We are looking for a passionate, driven individual who can help
volunteers meet their full potential, and contribute to the Volunteer
Experience team’s goals in supporting volunteers and retaining
members. A Volunteer Experience Manager supports new and returning
volunteers through proactive communications and problem-solving with
troop leaders and other volunteers. Each Volunteer Experience Manager
is responsible for strategically managing a territory, evaluating the
best ways to support different areas. In a nutshell, the essential
function of the Volunteer Experience Manager is to be a subject matter
expert on the Girl Scout troop model and ways that leaders support
Girl Scout troops throughout the year. We’re looking for someone with
excellent written and verbal communication skills, who can serve as a
go-to for volunteer questions, as well as help mediate conflict
The Mason City office has a small team, so this position is also tasked with backing up coverage in the retail shop: ringing up customer transactions and reconciling sales and receipts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience working with Girl Scouts or other related organization preferred
- Experience working with volunteers and youth
- Problem-solving skills and ability to respond to concerns/issues via email, phone or in person
- Some travel (2-3 days per month) within the designated territory, including occasional overnight travel
- Some evening & weekend hours required for key events or volunteer meetings
- Strong phone skills. You will be on the phone up to 25% of your day for your core workload, as well as answering incoming phone calls as part of the Call Support Team (phone queue)
- Strong organization and time management skills with attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products
- Join the club! Each staff member is required to become a member of GSUSA
- Flexibility is key. We’ll need you to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Valid Driver’s License
Cookie Program Assistant (Seasonal)
Location: Des Moines
Position: Part-time, Seasonal
Join our cookie crew! We have an immediate opening for a great supporting team member to assist with operations before and during the Girl Scout Cookie Program. This role will include phone and email communication with partners and volunteers, reviewing and entering data, coordinating mailings, and generally keeping the program running smoothly. In February and March, some of the work hours will be in our cookie warehouse, with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Schedule: This seasonal role begins immediately (September/October) and lasts through April 2020, and will be scheduled between 10-30 hours per week depending on workload. There will be no hours the weeks of November 24-30 or December 22-January 4. Hours will generally be scheduled between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, with flexibility depending on the individual’s schedule and organizational needs. There will be some limited asks for weekend/evening hours, including Saturday, February 1, 2020.
- Excellent customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong computer skills with MS Office products
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Lifting and moving boxes varying from 2- 20 lbs is required