Imagine joining a group of individuals--each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose. Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an outstanding organization with a mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character. We’re looking for people to join our team who are passionate about making a positive impact, people who are eager to take on new challenges, and people who have big ideas.
Competitive medical/dental and retirement benefits, wellness
initiatives, paid time off for volunteering, paid parental leave,
casual attire, employee appreciation events and a priority on
work/life balance are just some of the things that make GSGI a great
place to work.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a position at GSGI and meet the expressed qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Note: some roles may have specific application instructions. These will be included in the job description below.
Training Manager (Council Bluffs, Des Moines, Mason City, Sioux City)
Location: Council Bluffs, Des Moines, Mason City, Sioux City
We are looking for a well-rounded superstar who can facilitate a training, compile training material, and coordinate scheduling logistics. This position has primary oversight over in-person and online training sessions for Girl Scout volunteers across our 70 county territory. The ideal candidate for this position will have training or teaching experience, strong communication skills, a great customer service mindset, and the attention to detail needed to coordinate scheduling and logistics!
This position includes travel within the council, averaging 4-6 work evenings per month during peak seasons, and occasional weekends. There is some overnight travel due to evening training hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent presentation skills, with training/teaching experience required
- Online learning systems experience preferred
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to adapt to changes in circumstances, direction and strategy
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products
- Join the club! Each staff member is required to become a member of GSUSA
- Flexibility is key. We’ll need you to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Valid Driver’s License