Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose. Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an outstanding organization with a mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character. We’re looking for people to join our team who are passionate about making a positive impact, people who are eager to take on new challenges, and people who have big ideas.
Competitive medical/dental and retirement benefits, wellness
initiatives, paid time off for volunteering, paid parental leave,
casual attire, employee appreciation events and a priority on
work/life balance are just some of the things that make GSGI a great
place to work.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a position at GSGI and meet the expressed qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
- Recruitment Manager, Western Region (Council Bluffs and Sioux City area)
- Regional Director of Philanthropy, Northern Region (Mason City and Sioux City)
Recruitment Manager (Sioux City/Council Bluffs Area)
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa has an exciting opportunity for a Recruitment Manager. Recruitment Managers are responsible for executing effective recruiting strategies to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouting through a variety of in person meetings, presentation, and networking opportunities. The Manager also contributes to membership recruitment strategy development.
Qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Experience recruiting volunteers or organization members preferred.
- Sales experience with knowledge of effective sales and marketing principles.
- Experience reaching out to and establishing connections with community, educational, faith-based and / or business organizations and leaders.
Regional Director of Philanthropy
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and goal driven fund raising professional for a new Director of Philanthropy position. We are seeking an individual to develop, execute and oversee regional fundraising from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: events, individual, foundation, alumnae, and campership, within the overall Council contribution income/philanthropy plan. This individual will be responsible for building new donor relationships and interacting with high level decision-makers and community leaders in the northwestern quadrant of Iowa; will work to secures corporate sponsorships and individual donations; and support planned giving, grant and United Way initiatives as needed. The Director of Philanthropy coordinates and manages local cultivation/stewardship events, as well as recruits and manages volunteer committees to support and lead contribution income initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in sales, especially fund raising sales and acquisitions;
- Outstanding interpersonal relation skills
- Experience working with donors and funding organizations;
- Extensive travel required; must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience working with budgets
- Demonstrates initiative and takes action
- Passion for the mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place