Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose. Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an outstanding organization with a mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character. We’re looking for people to join our team who are passionate about making a positive impact, people who are eager to take on new challenges, and people who have big ideas.
Competitive medical/dental and retirement benefits, wellness
initiatives, paid time off for volunteering, paid parental leave,
casual attire, employee appreciation events and a priority on
work/life balance are just some of the things that make GSGI a great
place to work.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a position at GSGI and meet the expressed qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
- Customer Care Advisor, Sioux City
- Recruitment Manager, Des Moines
- Recruitment Manager, Western Region (Council Bluffs and Sioux City area)
Director of Philanthropy, Northern Region
(Mason City and Sioux City)
Customer Care Advisor
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa has an opening for a Customer Care Advisor in our Sioux City Leadership Center. This position is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to all customers by phone, email, and in-person. The Customer Care Advisor oversees the Sioux City retail shop, assisting customers, balancing the register, following procedures for receipting and depositing payments, and reviewing and reporting inventory, as well as answering customer phone calls and queries from across the council.
Qualifications should include:
- Exceptional customer service delivery, including phone skills.
- High school education or GED with a minimum of 3 years’ customer service experience or Associates Degree with 1 year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Call center and/or retail experience welcome.
There are currently two open positions for Recruitment Managers. One position is based in the Des Moines area, and the other position will be based in the Western Region of the state, with work primarily in the Sioux City and Council Bluffs areas.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa has exciting opportunities for two Recruitment Managers. Recruitment Managers are responsible for executing effective recruiting strategies to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouting through a variety of in person meetings, presentation, and networking opportunities. The Manager also contributes to membership recruitment strategy development.
Qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Experience recruiting volunteers or organization members preferred.
- Sales experience with knowledge of effective sales and marketing principles.
- Experience reaching out to and establishing connections with community, educational, faith-based and / or business organizations and leaders.
Regional Director of Philanthropy
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and goal driven fund raising professional for a new Director of Philanthropy position. We are seeking an individual to develop, execute and oversee regional fundraising from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: events, individual, foundation, alumnae, and campership, within the overall Council contribution income/philanthropy plan. This individual will be responsible for building new donor relationships and interacting with high level decision-makers and community leaders in the northwestern quadrant of Iowa; will work to secures corporate sponsorships and individual donations; and support planned giving, grant and United Way initiatives as needed. The Director of Philanthropy coordinates and manages local cultivation/stewardship events, as well as recruits and manages volunteer committees to support and lead contribution income initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in sales, especially fund raising sales and acquisitions;
- Outstanding interpersonal relation skills
- Experience working with donors and funding organizations;
- Extensive travel required; must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience working with budgets
- Demonstrates initiative and takes action
- Passion for the mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place