Imagine joining a group of individuals--each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose. Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an outstanding organization with a mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character. We’re looking for people to join our team who are passionate about making a positive impact, people who are eager to take on new challenges, and people who have big ideas.
Competitive medical/dental and retirement benefits, wellness
initiatives, paid time off for volunteering, paid parental leave,
casual attire, employee appreciation events and a priority on
work/life balance are just some of the things that make GSGI a great
place to work.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a position at GSGI and meet the expressed qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Note: some roles may have specific application instructions. These will be included in the job description below.
Regional Recruitment Manager
We are looking for an out-going, self-motivated and personable individual as our next Regional Recruitment Manager. Ideally, they enjoy building relationships and bringing the Girl Scout experience to more girls and adults across Iowa. They are goal-oriented, innovative and a team player. The Regional Recruitment Manager provides strategic solutions, presentations and networking with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith-based intuitions and other community constituents. This individual will attend events across the South Central (Central Iowa) territory and have a direct impact on the overall fiscal success of Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field with a minimum 3 years’ experience in recruitment, sales, account management or related focus
- Previous experience recruiting volunteers or members OR previous experience in a sales related position and knowledge of the fundamentals of effective sales and marketing principles
- Experience working with or contacting community leaders or organizations
- Ability to problem-solve and highly organized
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills along with the ability to present information to a variety of audiences
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products, Salesforce, etc.
- Flexibility is key! Extensive seasonal travel required (August – November, 2-4 weeknights per week) and a few weekends throughout the year. Must have a valid driver’s license
Temporary Cookie Cupboard Manager
Position: Part-Time, seasonal - 1 position available
Location: Mason City
We are looking for Cookie Cupboard Managers! 1 temporary, seasonal position is available. Cookie Cupboard Managers coordinate the onsite logistics for volunteers picking up cookie orders throughout the program. This individual greets customers, fulfills orders and processes exchanges, and enters data into the online management system, Smart Cookies. The Cookie Cupboard Manager must also be able to answer basic volunteer questions about the Cookie Program. To apply for this position, please fill out this application.
Length of assignment: Late January through late March; hours vary throughout the season, from approximately 8 to 24 hours per week
Shifts may end early if all orders have been picked up. Some additional planning and preparation time may be added. We may have additional work hours available for other Cookie Program tasks.
- Week of January 27: Training and set-up, day/time TBD
- Week of Feb 3: Mon 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. & Fri 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Week of Feb 10 & 17: Tues, Wed, & Thurs 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Week of Feb 24 through week of March 9: Thurs & Fri 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Week of March 16 & 23: Variable, TBD
Physical Demands: The Cookie Cupboard Manager will typically be
standing or on their feet for most of the day. Some bending and
lifting is required (up to 20 lbs). Dress appropriately for the
weather, as you may be outside or exposed to cold temperatures.
Additional Details: A cell phone is required. To apply for this position, please fill out this application. Do not email firstname.lastname@example.org for this position.