Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose. Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an outstanding organization with a mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character. We’re looking for people to join our team who are passionate about making a positive impact, people who are eager to take on new challenges, and people who have big ideas.
Competitive medical/dental and retirement benefits, wellness
initiatives, paid time off for volunteering, paid parental leave,
casual attire, employee appreciation events and a priority on
work/life balance are just some of the things that make GSGI a great
place to work.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in a position at GSGI and meet the expressed qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
- Training & Communications Manager (Mason City)
Location: Mason City
We're looking for a training/communication rockstar to oversee in-person and online training initiatives for Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa volunteers and staff. This will include developing curriculum, planning/logistics, and facilitating training. You'll also collaborate with other departments to create resources and tools for volunteers, and coordinate some volunteer communication. Volunteers are the heart of delivering the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, and you play a key role in ensuring volunteer training and resources are in place to support volunteer and member retention.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Training/teaching experience preferred
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful project through its lifecycle
- Strong customer service orientation, excellent presentation and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work effectively across functional teams
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to adapt to changes in circumstances, direction and strategy
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products
- Join the club! Each staff member is required to become a member of GSUSA
- Flexibility is key. We’ll need you to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Valid Driver’s License