Work to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment — work at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa! We're an organization with a solid history, a growing future, and exciting opportunities. See how much you can grow when you do something you believe in.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa currently is currently hiring for the following positions:
JOB STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Des Moines
PURPOSE OF JOB: Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Membership Recruitment. We are seeking someone who is able to effectively develop and execute comprehensive recruiting strategies that will increase overall membership in the Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa. The individual in this role will lead the recruitment team, providing guidance for successful execution of the council’s strategic plan. The Director will be responsible for ensuring all plans support and reinforce the Girl Scout philosophy and standards while being expected to foster member, organization and community relations for the council.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related field
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience
- A minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Experience in sales with comprehensive knowledge of the fundamentals of effective sales principles
- Experience working with and presenting to organization leaders
- Experience developing and monitoring budgets
Qualified candidates must also possess and demonstrate the following skills and behaviors:
- Leadership and Management
- Developing Others including effective coaching and counseling skills
- Oral and Written Communications
- Strategic / Conceptual skills
- Sales Skills and Marketing Knowledge
- Project Management
- Judgment and Decision-Making
- Consultative and Advisory skills
- Budget Administration
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, customer relationship management systems, and social networking
- Values diversity
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an outstanding organization with a mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. We are an organization that makes a positive difference. This role significantly contributes to and helps drive that difference. If you are interested and meet the expressed qualifications, please submit your resume and cover letter to HumanResources@mediacombb.net. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is an equal opportunity employer.