Membership to Girl Scouts
How do I become a member of the Girl Advisory Committee?
Have you ever dreamed about...
Girl Scouting offers girls unique opportunities for personal leadership development, exposure to positive and caring role models, and community involvement. Girl Scouting cultivates self-respect, self-confidence and self-worth—character qualities that last a lifetime.
According to a survey by Louis Harris and Associates, most Girl Scout alumnae believe that their experiences in Girl Scouting have made a lasting impact on their lives, in terms of their self-confidence, moral values, ability to make friends and work with others, leadership skills, and of course, their commitment to serving their community.
Girl Scouts is different from any other organization a girl might choose to join. As a Girl Scout, girls take an active role in deciding what they want to do and how they want to do it. That is why we proudly say, “Girl Scouts is for girls, by girls, and about girls.”
There are so many places to volunteer, serve, and spend your time. When you become a volunteer with Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa, you are...
- Giving experience, support, and knowledge to the next generation of girls (our future leaders)
- Assisting in giving girls positive self-esteem, life building skills, courage, confidence, and character to thrive
- Providing support towards healthy relationships
- Encouraging girls to pursue their dreams and allowing them to dream bigger
- Getting that "feel good" feeling for yourself after an honest effort toward buiding up our future leaders
If you can imagine the future generation of girls growing up more confident, more self-aware, more knowledgeable, and more active in their communities, then, Girl Scouts is the place for you.
We are always looking for adult volunteers to be a leader, a mentor, or a one-time volunteer.
Our staff employs Girl Services Managers who are available and willing to help you through the membership process and/or to answer any questions that you have. These Managers would be happy to hold a "pep-rally" at your school, speak to your group about membership, and/or discuss all we have to offer girls for membership.