Starting November 18 at 11:59 p.m., Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa (GSGI) will begin system-wide updates that will temporarily pause access to myGS (including your member profile), the Volunteer Toolkit (VTK), and gsLearn for approximately 2-3 weeks. The new system will be live in early December and we will notify our members when it is up and running again.
A few key benefits of the enhancements include:
- For girl members with primary caregivers in multiple households, the household manager can provide access for multiple adults to see the girl's account and make purchases on her behalf
- Troop leaders will be able to update troop information without council support
- Members can initiate their own troop-to-troop transfers, and transfers will occur automatically without council support
- Detailed troop logistics, including meeting time, date, and location, will be easily accessible within your account
- The Troop Catalog will have enhanced search features, including Affiliation (schools, community, or religious organizations), Focus (for troops with a specific program focus), and Language
- For volunteers, 90-, 60-, and 30-day background check reminders will now be triggered based on your background check's expiration date
- Overall improved user experience across all platforms
As we prepare to launch the refreshed experience in early December, we want to make sure you're prepared for the system downtime period, November 18 through early December. These system-wide upgrades may also cause delays in customer service from GSGI during this time. Remember, GSGI will be closed November 23-27!
While much of the downtime period is set to occur the week of Thanksgiving, a time when troops and volunteers often take a break to be with family and friends, we know that Girl Scouts and volunteers are always on the go and want to make sure that you are aware of the downtime's potential impact on your Girl Scout plans, and steps you can take before November 18 to prevent any surprises.
Starting November 18 at 11:59 p.m., GSGI will begin system-wide updates that will temporarily restrict member access to:
- Volunteer Toolkit (VTK)
- Background check completion and submission for processing
- New membership registrations and membership renewals
In order to prepare, be sure to download and save troop rosters, meeting plans, or any other resources you may need during this time!
Haven’t logged into MyGS recently? From our website, click on the yellow MyGS on the upper right, and log in with the email you receive Girl Scout communications from. If you don’t know your password, you can easily reset it by clicking “Forgot Password.” The best way to make sure you have access to the contact information for all your troop members is to log into the Volunteer Toolkit, and click on “My Troop.” There, you can see details for each troop member, and also download a roster.
Thank you for your patience while we work to enhance your Girl Scout member experience! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 800-342-8389 with questions.