GSGI has developed a dedicated coronavirus task force to examine
prevention and potential impact. The task force will ensure that Girl
Scouts are prepared for potential short-term and long-term
implications, as well as partner with and provide guidance to staff
and, where appropriate, girls and volunteers.
We have been listening to our members and staff and their questions and comments, and are taking the following steps:
- Starting on March 17, 2020, we are cancelling all council-sponsored programs, events, and activities through May 3, 2020 (previously through April 5). We will provide full refunds to any registrations fees collected and be in communication soon with specific event information, including alternative celebrations for those we planned to honor at Circle of Excellence.
- Our guidance to Girl Scout Troops is to also cancel all events, activities, and troop meetings through that time.
- The Girl Scout Cookie Program is still open for online sales and individual friends and family sales through April 26. If you choose to continue selling cookies to your friends and family, please do so taking the guidance of the CDC for social distancing and preventing the spread of germs. Based on the current guidance from the Iowa Department of Public Health, the suspension of booths and lemonade stands will continue through the end of the 2020 Cookie Program.
- All camps are closed through May 3, 2020. We will issue refunds to all individuals and groups scheduled to attend programs and events through this date.
GSGI offices will be closed until May 4, 2020. Remember, you
can always shop online.
- You can call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-342-8389. We’re looking closely at shipping alternatives and discounts with more information to come as soon as possible.
- All council staff are being instructed to work from home through May 4, 2020 during regular business hours to prioritize social distancing.