Online Support for Volunteers
Welcome to the great adventure of Girl Scouting! Thanks to volunteers like you, generations of girls are learning to be leaders in their community and around the world. Below are some the most important resources you’ll need to inspire tomorrow’s leaders.
gsLearn - Your Online Training Platform
Whether you are a new or seasoned volunteer, you can now take your Girl Scout learning experience to the next level with gsLearn, our online training platform. Access courses on-the-go, track your learning achievements, and more! The gsLearn Content Library contains courses that can be completed at your own pace, meaning you can start and stop at your convenience. It works on your phone, tablet, or computer, but we recommend using your computer for the best user experience.
To access gsLearn, click on the yellow MyGS on the green bar at the
top of our website —
girlscoutsiowa.org. Enter your username and password to log in to
the Member Community. If you have forgotten your password, click
"Forgot Your Password?" to be sent a link for a new
password. Logging in to the Member Community gives you the option to
log into your Member Profile, Volunteer Toolkit, or gsLearn. Once
you've logged in to gsLearn, click Content Library to see the
trainings available to you. If you have questions about gsLearn or
need help logging in to the system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If this is your first time logging into gsLearn,
the Content Library may be blank. Log out and log back in through
MyGS. It may take up to 30 minutes for the Content Library to
The Bridge - Your One-Stop Volunteer Resource
The Bridge is your one-stop shop for all the information you’ll need to make the most out of your Girl Scout year as a volunteer. From our new leader checklist, to “digests” of previous Shout Out! newsletters about product programs, to information on money-earning projects and Girl Scout insurance, The Bridge will be a great place to find the information you need as a volunteer.
The Volunteer Toolkit
We’ve got you, Girl Scout volunteers!
When you volunteer with Girl Scouts, you’ll uncover new strengths and build on them. And we’re here to help you shine.
Check out these online resources and training courses that you can access whenever, wherever to make the most of your volunteer experience.
My GS is your Girl Scout home base and how you access other great tools to manage the Girl Scout experience for your family and troop! By logging into My GS in the upper right-hand corner you can:
- Manage your Girl Scout membership and all the memberships in your household and troop(s).
- Find exciting in-person and virtual events for your Girl Scout, your family, or your troop to attend.
- Maintain your contact information, preferences and manage any changes within your troop.
- Access essential tools like the Volunteer Toolkit and gsLearn to make your Girl Scout volunteer experience a breeze!
The Volunteer Toolkit is your official source for delivering easy, fun troop meetings year-round! This fully customizable digital planning tool is accessible on any computer, tablet, or mobile device and provides you with Girl Scout program content, award requirements, and other resources.
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- View the troop roster and email families with one click.
- View badges, Journeys and awards for all program levels including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Explore meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
The Volunteer Toolkit isn’t just for troop leaders!
Caregivers and administrative volunteers can have access too.
- Caregivers of Girl Scouts in a troop can see troop financial reports, download their attendance and achievement record and stay up-to-date on the great things the troop is doing throughout the year.
- Individually registered Girl Scouts and their caregivers can access badges, Journeys and awards to take charge of their experience individually.
- Administrative volunteers can see a demo version of the Volunteer Tookit to see all the programming available to troops and families, as well as provide support and training to their local volunteers.
Ready to learn more?
Check out the Volunteer Toolkit trainings in gsLearn before you start.Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to login and access gsLearn and the Volunteer Toolkit.
Check out our easy-access trainings available on YouTube!
gsLearn is Girl Scouts’ official online and on demand training platform. Confident leaders are prepared leaders, and these online learnings will give you all the info you need to be a great troop leader.
gsLearn isn’t just for volunteers! All members have access to this great tool. Click on myGS in the upper right-hand corner to login and check it out.
Zoom is an easy, reliable video conferencing and messaging platform with powerful security, that works across mobile and desktop devices. Safely meet with your Girl Scouts and families through virtual meetings to stay in-touch when meeting in-person is difficult. GsZoom is our unique partnership with Zoom organization to provide this essential product at a vastly reduced price point for our volunteers.
Think virtual meetings are for you? Contact us to get started!