What About Parents?
Online Support for Volunteers
Welcome to the great adventure of Girl Scouting! Thanks to volunteers like you, generations of girls are learning to be leaders in their community and around the world. Below are some the most important resources you’ll need to inspire tomorrow’s leaders.
gsLearn - Your Online Training Platform
Whether you are a new or seasoned volunteer, you can now take your Girl Scout learning experience to the next level with gsLearn, our online training platform. Access courses on-the-go, track your learning achievements, and more! The gsLearn Content Library contains courses that can be completed at your own pace, meaning you can start and stop at your convenience. It works on your phone, tablet, or computer, but we recommend using your computer for the best user experience.
To access gsLearn, click on the yellow MyGS on the green bar at the
top of our website —
girlscoutsiowa.org. Enter your username and password to log in to
the Member Community. If you have forgotten your password, click
"Forgot Your Password?" to be sent a link for a new
password. Logging in to the Member Community gives you the option to
log into your Member Profile, Volunteer Toolkit, or gsLearn. Once
you've logged in to gsLearn, click Content Library to see the
trainings available to you. If you have questions about gsLearn or
need help logging in to the system, please email email@example.com.
Please note: If this is your first time logging into gsLearn,
the Content Library may be blank. Log out and log back in through
MyGS. It may take up to 30 minutes for the Content Library to
The Bridge - Your One-Stop Volunteer Resource
The Bridge is your one-stop shop for all the information you’ll need to make the most out of your Girl Scout year as a volunteer. From our new leader checklist, to “digests” of previous Shout Out! newsletters about product programs, to information on money-earning projects and Girl Scout insurance, The Bridge will be a great place to find the information you need as a volunteer.
The Volunteer Toolkit
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.