Community Cleanup Challenge 2020
Join GSGI virtually as we clean up our home communities. Starting on May 1st, we are kicking off our six-week online trash pick-up challenge. Let's make a difference in our communities and see if together we can pick up 20,000 pieces of litter!
BE SURE TO PRACTICE SAFE TRASH PICK-UP METHODS DURING PARTICIPATION.
• Tell an adult that you will be participating or work with your parent/guardian to participate together.
• Follow all Safety Activity Checkpoints
• Sign the Girl Scout Internet Safety Pledge
• Make sure that you have the proper gear: Washable/reusable gloves, trash bag, plenty of water, sunscreen, closed toe shoes, but spray, and clothing appropriate for the weather.
Keep in mind: follow all social distancing practices while participating in this challenge. Check out the CDC’s social distancing guidelines HERE.
READY TO START MAKING A DIFFERENCE? FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO LOG YOUR LITTER AND HELP US REACH OUR GOAL:
1. Download the Litterati app on your smartphone
2. Create an account.
3. You will then see your home dashboard. Click Challenges along the top banner. Scroll up until you see “Nearby Challenges. Click View All and then type Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa in the search bar.
4. Click the challenge and when it opens click the Participate button. Congratulations! You are now part of the challenge! All trash you log will automatically be logged under the challenge.
5. You can view the challenge progress by clicking Challenges along the top menu and scrolling down to your Saved Challenges.
6. You’re now ready to start logging your community clean-up efforts. To log trash picked up around your neighborhood, click the camera icon. Photograph the trash. It will then confirm along the top of the screen that your logged trash photo has been uploaded.
You can celebrate your hard work with a special fun patch! Call or email the Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa shops at 800-342-8389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order