Circle of Success - Denison
Circle of Success events are our newest opportunities to kick start the excitement for the new Girl Scout year, connect with other volunteers in your region, and share best practices & resources in the Girl Scout movement.
We're offering a special Fall Product Training before Circle of Success at 5:45 p.m. - join us a little early if you want to have a live refresher!
Fall Product Training - 5:45 p.m.
The Fall Product Program is the first chance your troop has to earn proceeds this year! This year, we will be hosting short, 45 minute in-person Fall Product trainings before each regional Circle of Success event. These trainings are open to everyone; however, due to the time-constraints of these trainings, they will be best suited for returning volunteers or volunteers who are familiar with the Fall Product Program. Times: 5:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. (Please Note: The training takes place before the full Circle of Success event starts - be sure to get there at 5:45 if you want to take the training!)
Thank you to everyone who responded to our survey! Based on your feedback, we're making the sessions a little longer and will have two breakout sessions (with 3 topics offered for each). Check out the session descriptions:
Breakout Session 1:
- Session 1a – The Volunteer Toolkit
- Learn all about the new amazing new resources being added to the Volunteer Toolkit! We'll go over how to use this exceptional resource and how to incorporate technology into your normal planning, and then you'll hear from your fellow volunteers about how they use the Volunteer Toolkit.
- Session 1b - Conflict Management
- Conflict happens sometimes - whether it's between girls in our troops, or between volunteers and parents. Learn some tips for dealing with these challenging situations, and hear others share their suggestions and experiences.
- Session 1c - Highest Awards
- Bronze, Silver, and Gold - they aren't just our favorite colors, they represent the highest awards that Girl Scouts can earn! This is not a training but an overview and opportunity to share ideas and questions with other volunteers as we highlight why these awards are amazing opportunities for girls.
Breakout Session 2:
- Session 2a - Being a G.I.R.L.
- Being a G.I.R.L. means being a Go-Getter, Innovator, Risk-Taker, Leader. It's who we are as Girl Scouts! Learn what G.I.R.L-focused programming really means, and how you can help your girls become Go-Getters, Innovators, Risk-Takers, and Leaders.
- Session 2b - Recruitment and Networking
- Leading a troop is even better with a group! We'll look at ways you can recruit other adults to help with your troop, using ideas from other leaders and connections you make in the community. We'll talk about how community networking can help you create a strong support base for your troop - from co-leaders to subject matter experts and more.
- Session 2c –Keeping Older Girls Engaged
- As girls get older, their interests may change and they may have many more activities competing for their time and attention. Let’s talk about how to keep them engaged, even when meeting less often due to busy schedules. From camp and travel, to highest awards and self-driven service projects, there are so many ways for girls to customize their experiences!
Min/Max Registered: 10/60
Registration Closes: 7/21/17