Ways to Give and Support Girl Scouts
To help girls find their way in a challenging world, you can:
You can make financial donations to Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa by selecting an option below:
General Operating Funds
These donations are filtered through our council to provide money towards the greatest need of the council. Our number one priority and monetary support is towards service to our
Donations to our Outreach Programs allow us to serve girls in non-traditional settings.
Family Partnership Campaign
As a Girl Scout parent, you have watched your girls grow and learn about leadership, values, friendship, social skills, business, and much more. You’ve likely been inspired by what you have seen. Who knows better than Girl Scout families the difference that Girl Scouts makes in the lives of girls? The girls in your troops and service unit need our support more than ever so they can continue to amaze and inspire us for years to come!
We hope to every Girl Scout family will participate at a level that is meaningful to them. Consider this:
- The $12 registration fee for each Girl Scout goes directly to Girl Scouts of the USA to allow your Girl Scout to become a part of our national organization.
- 100% of monies from the Family Partnership Campaign stay within Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa and your local communities.
Help provide a wonderful summer experience for girls by making a gift to our campership fund. The need for financial assistance is great, and the funds run out well before the need is filled. Your gift will send a girl, who would not otherwise be able to attend, to camp for a fantastic adventure.
Have you ever thought about what a Girl Scout camp experience gives to a girl?
- Courage: to reach the top of the climbing wall…to take a horse over a jump
- Confidence: to be away from home overnight…to make new friends
- Character: to make good decisions…to resolve conflict peacefully
Consider the following:
- $1,200 will fund a full week of resident camp for four girls.
- $600 will fund a week of day camp for three girls
- $300 will fund a week fo resident camp for one girl
- $200 will fund a session of day camp for one girl
Your support will bring the Girl Scout camp experience to a girl this summer, and provide her with opportunities to build the courage, confidence and character that will help to shape her into the leader of tomorrow.
Give a Leader a Seat at Camp
Donors can provide a bench for girls to use at camp.
- Girl Scout requested donation amount: $150 per bench.
- Non-Girl Scout requested donation amount: $250 per bench.
"In Honor of" or "In Memory of"
Memorial or tribute gifts are wonderful ways to pay respect to individuals or groups who have had an impact in Girl Scouting.
You may be able to double the support you give Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa by using your employer’s matching gift program. Check with your Human Resources department if your company participates in a matching gift program today! Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa is grateful for the generosity of participating companies.