This FAQ is in regards to our new eBusiness (eBiz) registration system that is currently designated for yearly membership registration/renewal.
If you do not find your question answered here on this page, please email our Support Team.
- What is eBiz (eBusiness)?
- Why is Greater Iowa using eBiz?
- Why does eBiz refer to members as customers rather than members?
- What security measures are in place for online transactions through eBiz?
- What are the benefits of online membership renewal for parents?
- What are the benefits of online membership renewal for troop leaders?
- What are the benefits of online troop management for troop leaders?
- What are the benefits of Online/eBiz for Service Units?
- What can a parent/guardian do when renewing a girl and/or adult registration?
- What can troop leaders do with online troop management?
- Who has access to online troop management?
- What information can leaders see in online troop management?
- How are the emails in Online/eBiz used?
BASIC USER INFORMATION
- How do I use eBiz?
- Do I need to do anything special to use eBiz?
- I am already a Girl Scout member and so is my daughter(s), do I have to create a login for each of us?
- Why can’t I register my daughter(s) from my account?
- My daughter doesn’t have an email address, how can I activate her account?
- Can the same email be on different eBiz accounts?
- What credit cards may I use to pay for my registrations or donations in eBiz?
- I forgot to print my order/receipt when I completed the transaction online in eBiz. Can I do that now?
USER PROFILE INFORMATION
- I have moved and need to change my address.
- I have a new phone number or e-mail address.
- I want to check my “Race & Ethnicity” record.
- I need to change my user name and/or password.
- I would like to request financial assistance to pay for my daughter’s membership. Can I do this online?
- I am searching for my three-digit or four-digit troop number, why are there multiple selections available?
- What is my Service Unit three-digit code?
- How do I know if my membership is current?
- Can I become a Lifetime Member online?
- I usually make a donation when I re-register. Will I be able to do that re-registering by eBiz?
- Do I have to re-register myself online during spring Early Bird registration or may I renew anytime?
- I am a returning Adult Volunteer. Will I be able to re-register for the Positions I plan to hold for the new membership year?
- What are the Position Codes for volunteers?
- Why do I have a Position Code of 14?
- I overlooked reporting my Position Code when I renewed my membership. May I do it now?
- My daughter is a graduating senior but would like to remain involved in Girl Scouts. Is this possible?
- I forgot my username and/or password, what should I do?
- It says customer not found, but I submitted my paperwork already (or have been a member for many years), why can’t it find me?
- I can’t see “My Account” page.
- The system says my daughter does not have an active membership and I do not see the option to renew her membership. What is happening?
- Why can’t I view troop management, I’m the Troop Leader?
- Why can’t I see the login screen or some of the pages on eBiz?
- My credit card was declined – what should I do?
- I am self-reporting my position code(s) for the new membership year and have a message that blocks my action. What does the message “Position not added. You already hold this position for the Troop/SU/Area” mean?
1. What is eBiz (eBusiness)?
eBiz is an online portal developed for Girl Scout Members and their families to give them access to their basic Girl Scout membership information. eBiz allows users to
• make donations
• register or re-register their Girl Scout membership
• update membership information (such as address or email) in the current year, and
• register for programs, camp, and trainings
2. Why is Greater Iowa using eBiz?
Our council currently uses a secure Customer Relationship Management System that has been developed by GSUSA and other Girl Scout councils specifically for Girl Scout use – we call this system Personify. Personify is used internally for all types of membership information.
We also currently have an advanced form system set up on our website to allow for online registration for events, trainings, and camp as well as online donations.
We are transitioning to eBiz to allow for more seamless interaction between membership information and online registration and donation. By using eBiz, everything will internally “talk” to each other. Our form system will have a limited level of customization, however, the ability to streamline this process outweighs the value of complete customization.
3. Why does eBiz refer to members as customers rather than members?
All girls and adults (volunteers, parents/guardians who have records in our membership system Personify, are listed as customers. Only those that purchase a Girl Scout membership are members. In other words, Girl Scout members are a subset of customers.
4. What security measures are in place for online transactions through eBiz?
The safety and security of you and your credit card information online is of the utmost concern to us. We ensure the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures are in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect the security of your credit card information as it is transmitted to us. SSL is the industry standard in Internet encryption technology, which is a highly sophisticated method of scrambling data as it travels from your computer to our Web site servers.
Tips to ensure you are on a secure site:
• Look for an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser)
• Look at the URL or Address line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from "http" to "https."
You can also protect yourself by signing off when finished using a shared computer.
3. What are the benefits of online troop management for troop leaders?
Know who's registered in the troop and who's not. Email parents. Print rosters. Update girls and parents' contact information. Update troop meeting information. Print membership cards for girl and adult members.
4. What are the benefits of Online/eBiz for Service Units?
One of the benefits of online registration is that the database will be updated daily. Therefore, everyone will have access to timely information. Service Unit Chairs should work with their Girl Services Managers to communicate and obtain rosters.
1. What can a parent/guardian do when renewing a girl and/or adult registration?
Execute an existing membership renewal order in Personify. Update demographic and contact information. Pay for their annual membership (The $15 membership dues go directly to Girl Scouts of the USA). Print a membership card for the current membership year.
2. What can troop leaders do with online troop management?
Know who's registered in the troop and who's not. Email parents. Print rosters. Update girls and parents' contact information. Update troop meeting information. Print current year membership cards for girl and adult members.
3. Who has access to online troop management?
Access to online troop management is by troop. Only troop leaders with a 01 position code in the Personify database for a specific troop have access to online troop management for that troop. If a troop leader has more than one troop, she must have a 01 position code on record for each troop in order to have access to online troop management for all her troops. There may be more than one person assigned as an 01 on troop accounts. If you register as an 01, your registration will remain in "pending" status until your Girl Services Manager has approved the assignment of your position code by verifying all paperwork (including background check) has been completed and approved.
4. What information can leaders see in online troop management?
The leader can see each individual’s registration status and the information that is contained on a member registration form only: contact information; grade; school; age; Girl Scout history; custodial care; racial/ethnic background. The leader does not have access to the order processed by the parent.
BASIC USER INFORMATION
1. How do I use eBiz?
When you click on registration or eBiz links on our website (girlscoutsiowa.org), you will either need to create a login account or use your current login account. From there, follow all prompts.
- CURRENTLY REGISTERED OR PAST MEMBERS: If you are a registered member or a past member with the council, set up a username and password to get started by clicking on “current or past member”. By creating a login, you will gain access to the information we have on file for you. You must create a login for each person who is a member of Girl Scouts.
- NEW MEMBERS: If you are brand new to Girl Scouts and would like to become a member for the first time, click on “New Member” to get started and follow the prompts.
3. I am already a Girl Scout member and so is my daughter(s), do I have to create a login for each of us?
Yes, you will need to create a separate login for each registered family member. You will need to login separately for each member to re-register and update information such as your contact information. To create an account for any minors, please use their name and your family email address. If you have difficulty creating their login, please email for support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-342-8389.
4. Why can’t I register my daughter(s) from my account?
eBiz places an order under each individual record when registering participants for programs and trainings. This allows Personify to reflect accurate history for each member. To register a girl/daughter for a program, an account for her will need to be activated. Basic information (name, address, and email) will allow for the activation to be completed. A parent or guardian’s email should be listed for any girl under the age of 13. Those over 13 should list an email that is checked frequently by the girl and an adult. To add an email address to an account please email email@example.com.
5. My daughter doesn’t have an email address, how can I activate her account?
The same email address can be used with multiple accounts. We ask that a parent or guardian’s email address be listed on the girl’s account, especially for girls under 13. This email address must be one that is checked regularly as confirmations and other information regarding programs and trainings will be sent to the email address on the account.
6. Can the same email be on different eBiz accounts?
Yes. Email addresses are used to activate each account but the username and password are what is unique to each member. The same email account can be used for all the members of a family or troop.
7. What credit cards may I use to pay for my registrations or donations in eBiz?
Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are all acceptable credit and debit cards for payments. Payments are processed on our end via Pay Pal and they will be processed immediately. Electronic checks cannot be used through our online tool. Personal PayPal accounts cannot be used.
8. I forgot to print my order/receipt when I completed the transaction online in eBiz. Can I do that now?
Yes, from the My Account page on the navigation bar you will find that you have access to multiple functions. Go to the My Orders page to view your previous order transactions. Select the order (click on order number) to open up the order detail. From here, you have the option to print a copy of your order.
USER PROFILE INFORMATION
1. I have moved and need to change my address.
Under the “My Address” section click on the “edit” link. A new screen will open, just delete your old address and enter the new one. Click “save” when finished.
2. I have a new phone number or e-mail address.
Under the “My Communication Methods” click the “edit” link to the right of the information you need to update. A new window will open; update the information and click “save” when finished.
3. I want to check my “Race & Ethnicity” record.
Clicking on “Update Race & Ethnicity” allows you to edit the current information in the database. This information is voluntary and used for statistical purposes only. Providing this information helps to ensure community support and funding for Girl Scouts in your local community.
4. I need to change my user name and/or password.
Click on the “My Account” link and you will see a dropdown list of options. Click on the option you wish to change. Be sure to click “Save” for all changes.
1. I would like to request financial assistance to pay for my daughter’s membership. Can I do this online?
Our financial assistance form is on our website in our Forms & Publications page. You must print out this from, fill it out, and submit it to the council for review with your membership registration form. The only payment methods accepted online are debit and credit cards, so those utilizing our financial assistance will not currently be able to use our eBiz system.
2. I am searching for my three-digit or four-digit troop number, why are there multiple selections available?
All troops have a five-digit number. You may use a shortened three or four digit number elsewhere (uniforms, paperwork, etc.) but your official troop number has five digits.
The first number of any troop number represents the Leadership Center Area.
0 - Des Moines
1 - Fort Dodge
2 - Mason City
3 - Sioux City
4 - Council Bluffs
A zero is used in the second number placeholder for any two or three-digit troop numbers. For example, troop 111 in Sioux City would be 30111 or troop 1111 would be 31111.
4. How do I know if my membership is current?
In the left navigation bar underneath “Shopping Cart” there is a box with your membership information. The date you need to renew your membership is listed in this box. You can also print a copy of your current membership card from this box.
5. Can I become a Lifetime Member online?
This option is not currently available online. Your Lifetime registration must be submitted to the Council office using the Adult Membership form on www.girlcoutsiowa.org > forms & resources.
6. I usually make a donation when I re-register. Will I be able to do that re-registering by eBiz?
Yes, you will have the opportunity to add a donation to your order at the time you pay for your membership order. Select an amount or multiple amounts you wish to donate prior to entering your payment information. Thank you for your contribution to an organization we all believe in. Please speak to your tax advisor about tax-deductible donations. A receipt may be printed once your order transaction is completed online.
7. Do I have to re-register myself online during spring Early Bird registration or may I renew anytime?
Once you have created your login, an adult may return to the eBiz site at any time. You may re-register or update your account information (i.e. address, phone number, etc) as you wish.
8. I am a returning Adult Volunteer. Will I be able to re-register for the Positions I plan to hold for the new membership year?
You will be able to re-register yourself and designate which Position Code(s) you plan to hold during the new member year. This Position Code(s) will initially be marked in “Pending” status until such time as they are approved by Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa.
9. What are the Position Codes for volunteers?
You may report a code or multiple position codes from a drop down list. You will find that the Position Code selection is extensive below are the primary codes.
01 - Leader/Advisor
02 - Assistant Leader/Advisor
03 - Troop Committee Member
11 - Service Unit Team Member
12 - Trainer SUTO - SU Troop Organizer
13 - Special Service Adult (SU Adult Recognition)
19 - Council Delegate
DA - Council Delegate, Alternate
SUM - SU Manager
SUPSC - SU Product Sales - Cookies
SUPSF - SU Product Sales - Fall (QSP)
SUREG - SU Registrar
SUT - SU Treasurer
SUTC - SU Troop Consultant
TRPSC - Troop Product Sales - Cookies
TRPSF - Troop Product Sales - Fall (QSP)
10. Why do I have a Position Code of 14?
Adults have a default Position Code of 14 – Member (No Assigned Position). This default remains on the adult membership record unless another position is self-reported in eBiz (or provided to the council on a paper registration form). A self-reported position code will ultimately replace the 14 code once the approval process is completed.
12. My daughter is a graduating senior but would like to remain involved in Girl Scouts. Is this possible?
Yes, we welcome graduating seniors to continue their Girl Scout experience as an adult member. If you wish to register online it will be necessary to contact the council to have your daughter’s records updated to adult status. Please send your daughter’s full name and home address to firstname.lastname@example.org and request the change. Once confirmed, you may re-register your daughter online. Please remember that graduating seniors are offered a reduced lifetime membership opportunity during the year in which they graduate. For more details, consult the adult registration form, which may be found on www.girlscoutsiowa.org > Forms and Resources.
1. I forgot my username and/or password, what should I do?
You would have received a confirmation email with your username and password when you first created your login. If you saved this, please refer to this document.
You may also use the “Forgot Username?” or “Forgot Password?” links on the login page. This will allow you to set up a new password or view the username you set up initially.
2. It says customer not found, but I submitted my paperwork already (or have been a member for many years), why can’t it find me?
eBiz requires a name, address, and email to locate a member. If any of this information is missing an error message appears stating that the customer could not be found. Usually it is as simple as adding an email address to the account. In some instances this message appears for new members and leaders whose membership information has not been entered into Personify yet. By contacting the Help Desk at email@example.com, we can create a customer profile to be used for registration until the membership information is reflected properly.
4. The system says my daughter does not have an active membership and I do not see the option to renew her membership. What is happening?
Most likely you only created a profile for your daughter and did not activate her existing account. If you do not activate her existing account, you will not see her order history or see the option to renew her membership. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting them know the problem as well as providing your daughter’s first and last name and family email address.
5. Why can’t I view troop management, I’m the Troop Leader?
In many cases troops list more than one leader for their troop. Troop Management requires only one person to hold the Troop Leader position and they must be a current member in the database. The person holding the 01- Leader position will reflect the Troop Management area in eBiz. Please contact the help desk at email@example.com to find out if more than one person is listed as the 01 – Leader.
6. Why can’t I see the login screen or some of the pages on eBiz?
If you cannot see the login boxes on the home page please look to the top right of the page and for your name. If you see a name listed you are already logged into eBiz.
7. My credit card was declined – what should I do?
Make certain that you have entered the correct information and/or try another credit or debit card. If your card is still declined please check with your bank.
8. I am self-reporting my position code(s) for the new membership year and have a message that blocks my action. What does the message “Position not added. You already hold this position for the Troop/SU/Area” mean?
If you have previously selected and added the position code for a particular membership year, eBiz will recognize this latest selection as a duplicate record and will block your action. If this message appears, you may review all of your reported positions at the bottom of the My Account page – under My Positions.