What About Parents?
Welcome to the great adventure of Girl Scouting! Thanks to volunteers like you, generations of girls are learning to be leaders in their community and around the world. Below are some the most important resources you’ll need to inspire tomorrow’s leaders.
The Bridge - Your One-Stop Volunteer Resource
The Bridge is a great online resource where we will be posting several stories per month to help you have the best Girl Scout year ever!
From monthly checklists for service unit success, to “digests” of previous Shout Out newsletters, to details about where to find helpful resources, The Bridge will be a great place to find the information you need as a volunteer.
The Volunteer Toolkit
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and
Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings.
o There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels).
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- NEW! Access
18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which
provides alternative outdoor options.
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.