Laura Ingalls Wilder Heritage Trip
Cost: $55/Girl; $55/Adult
Hey Girl Scouts! Are you ready to discover the prairies of South Dakota and experience life as Laura Ingalls Wilder? We will travel to DeSmet, SD and visit the Ingalls Homestead and the Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Society. We will take a covered wagon ride, make corn husk dolls, learn how to use a washboard & get a fun patch! Pack your pioneer lunch pail, it’s going to be a great day!
Schedule for the Day:
- Bus arrives at 7:00 a.m. at Sioux City Leadership Center
- Bus departs at 7:30 a.m. from Sioux City Leadership Center
- One pick-up stop at Coffee Cup Fuel Stop (I-29 & SD 50 Exit 26 Vermillion, SD 57069) around 8:45 a.m.
- Ingalls Homestead (20812 Homestead Rd, DeSmet, SD 57231): estimated arrival 10:15 a.m.
- Lunch (girls and chaperones should bring sack lunch): 12:15 - 12:45 p.m.
- Depart from Homestead at 1:00 p.m.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Society (105 Olivet Ave SE, DeSmet, SD 57231): estimated arrival 1:15 p.m.
- Final departure from LIWMS at 3:00 p.m. (snack time for the ride home provided by GSGI)
- Drop-off stop in Vermillion: estimated arrival 5:30 p.m.
- Final drop-off stop in Sioux City: estimated arrival at 6:30 p.m.
No tagalongs please (no non-Girl Scouts, no siblings).
Girls and chaperones must bring sack lunch. For Chaperones: no more than 1 chaperone to 1 girl. No refunds will be offered for this event.
*Chaperones are required for this event.
Registration Closes: 5/14/18
Minimum/Maximum Registered: 45 Minimum/54 Maximum