Lifeguard Certification Training
Ages 16+ (girls and volunteers welcome)
Have you ever wanted to learn the skills to save a life? Join us for an American Red Cross lifeguard certification course! You will learn lifeguarding skills, CPR for adults, children, and infants, how to use an AED and first aid skills. This course will be a blended course that will require access to the internet prior to the in-person class.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will be certified in:
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- American Red Cross Basic First Aid and BBP Certification
Prerequisites (to be verified at the start of training)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing, using front crawl, breaststroke, or a combination
- Tread water, using legs only, for 2 minutes
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with both hands on the object, head at or near the surface, and exit the water without using a ladder or steps within 1 minute 40 seconds.
To receive a lifeguard certification participants must:
- Complete all online content prior to the start of in-person training
- Attend all class sessions and arrive on time
- Actively participate in all class sessions
- Pass written and skills tests
- Demonstrate maturity
- Conditional certification may be granted if the participant is not able to perform all necessary skills. It is up to the participant to schedule a retest with the instructor within 30 days.